Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Welcome Home Wilma"-Jesus

Today my mom passed into Glory at around 3:45 pm on October 2nd, 2010. She died peacefully in my brother Aaron's arms. Words can not describe the feeling of our hearts.
I sit here trying to write the right words down, and my heart is heavy and it is hard to see through my tears. But I promised I would finish this journey with mom, and so I must see this blog through.
Mom fought hard, with every resource she had, however cancer won the battle, but mom won the war. She believed and so do I, that no matter what the outcome was, she was going to win the war. She leaves behind a family that loved her dearly, friends that admired her truly, and co-workers that appreciated her talents, and her love of nursing, teaching, and life.
Our family would love to thank all those who gave mom your true support, love, encouragement, food, a laugh, and company. The decline of her health was faster than expected, and yet our family is relieved that her suffering is over. As she lay at rest, she looked peaceful, relieved, and content. This is something that we have not seen in a few weeks. Although our hearts ache and our minds begin to think of the work that will need to be done in the coming days, we are at peace in knowing that Mom went to be with her declared King of Kings our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

In Mom's Bible beside her bed, she has James 1 tagged. I would like to share with you James 1:12:
"Blessed is Wilma who endured a great trial for when she stood the test she received the crown of life which God has promised to her, because she loved her God.
"Welcome Home Wilma Welcome home"

We do not know final funeral arrangements at this time, but once we know I will post them on the blog.

With Love in Christ,

Alida and Family


No comments: