Monday, October 4, 2010

Memorial Service

Our family is busy planning and preparing for wilma's funeral. We have much to do yet before this happens. However the basic's are arranged.
Mom had asked that there be no visitation or viewing.
The Funeral will be held:

11:00am on Friday, October 8
At Emmanuel Christian Reformed Church
3020 51st Street SW, Calgary Alberta

A light Luncheon will be held after the service.

The burial of the urn will be for immediate family only prior to the memorial service.

Flowers may be sent to: 4231 45th Street SW.

We wanted to also thank all the love and support that we have recieved. We are truly amazed with the out pouring of love on our family. Through facebook, and phone calls. We feel very upheld in prayer and support.

With Love in Christ,

Alida, and Family

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to give my condolences to all in the passing of Wilma.

Amanda Hardy (Wentworth Manor)

Unknown said...

My deepest sympathies to all Wilma's family and to everyone whos lives she had touched.

Elizabeth Bond
(Bowview/Wentworth Manor)

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with all Wilma's family. I hadn't known Wilma for very long, but I knew right away she was a wonderful woman!

Jennifer Vaughan (Bow View Manor)

Karen Melham (VanderMeulen) said...

Thank you for this blog, Alida. Your Mom's spirit really shines through! I am so sorry to hear of her passing, and keep all of you very much in mind and heart.

Karen Melham (VanderMeulen)

Martin Contant said...

I can't make the service, but will remember Wilma's family in prayer, as well as the HIllside family as they celebrate Wilma's life, and also mourn her death.

Captcodee said...

My thanks to you all for sharing this very intimate journey with us on this blog.

It was very special to have met Wilma. Her open faith was something special that she shared with me. Although our time working together was short, I truly believe that God places people into our lives for a reason. Your mom showed me that although the challenges in life we are given can be tough, they are not impossible.

My prayers of strength are with you today as you mourn your loss and celebrate the life of an incredibly strong, kind, loving woman.

Aron Walsh (The Brenda Strafford Foundation)

Anonymous said...

I celebrate Wilma's life with you. I worked with Wilma at Newport Harbour Care Centre. She loved to laugh. We had so much fun. I learned much from her integrety. I am sad for your loss. I will never forget her....

Linda Yeandle