Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life must move on.

It has been just over 2 weeks since we lost mom, we have wepted, gone through many a kleenex, We have laughed, got frustrated, and missed our mom. Last week us kids and my dad spent the entire week packing, moving and going through my mom's life. At times it just didn't seem fair that we were going through mom's house deciding who gets what, and going through mom's life with a fine tooth comb. There were things that we learned about my mom that we did not know, and there were things that reminded us about the love my mom had for us kids.
The memorial service was perfect for mom, and we could not have been more proud of our mom on that day. What a relief it was to have the memorial service done and over with.
My husband Tom and I and our Baby Tori, are back in Ontario, just got home last night. Over the last two weeks we really have not had the chance to real mourn, so over the course of the next while who knows what emotions will be unveiled.
We have been overwhelmed with all the love and support since the passing of our mom, daughter, sister and friend.
Mom's ashes are buried at Eden brook Cemetery, I am not sure of the plot number but mom is in good company at least that is what the lady said that works at the cemetery.
It is hard to believe that my mom is really gone from this world. I keep thinking I should phone mom and tell her that we got home safe and sound. I will miss talking to my mom everyday, the advice she was always willing to give, and the warmth of her laugh. People often say, you forget what her voice sounds like, I have her laugh, and I want to laugh, so that I will remember that her blood, love and hope lives in me.
Please continue to lift up my brothers and myself, and the rest of family in prayer, the mourning does not stop after the funeral. As we learn to live in a new normal, one with out our mom, it will bring days of anger, sadness, frustration, but I also pray that it will bring us days of hope, joy and laughter too, as we live to remember our mom. Our hero. The mighty mouse.
I was not sure if I should keep the blog going, but I will, for who ever wants to keep up on Mom's crew!
May the Peace of Christ dwell in you this day!

Alida, and Family

No comments: