Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mom's update.


Yesterday I went to see the ocologist to see what the plan of action would be to treat the cancer. It was with great hopes of maybe a cure with Chemo radiation and surgery to treat the cancer. Last week however I found two new small lumps in my neck which I brought to the attention of the oncologist. Apparently these were seen on the CT scan as well but were considered borderline. Since then they have grown enough to be able to feel them easily. Anyways these new lumps are a sign that the cancer is spreading to other parts of my body. Therefore aggressive treatment with chemo radiation and very aggressive surgery may not be in my best interest, since a cure may no longer be possible and it may not really prolong my life, and it would be with great suffering. The final decision will be made by the team of 4 physicians who are treating me. The doctors would like to do a biospy of the lumps on my neck to make a positive diagnosis of this being cancer. The treatment option is looking more like still undergoing Chemo therapy to control the symptoms of the cancer with the goal to be to prolong my life for as long as possible but still have some good quality of life. Many people respond well and are able to enjoy a couple more years of life. I don't know more details as of yet but we will keep the blog updated.
I can not tell you how difficult it is to write these words and what sadness fill my heart to share this new with you all who care so much about me. I continue to press in prayer for a miracle of healing. I pray for wisdom in the many decisions I will need to make and how to live in this space of incredible uncertianty. I am reminded of the Isrealites when they crossed the Red Sea. Here they were in a desert with so many people. No food. No water. No home. God promised that they were going to inhabit the Promised Land and he would care for everything. They had to trust him and live in anticipation of being settled on day. God gave them a cloud to shade them from the hot sun in the day. and light at night, food and water and all they had to do was to go about thier day. remembering and worshiping the Lord thier God. I believe I crossed the Red Sea when I had breast cancer and I witnessed God's goodness in many ways. Now I must live in anticipation of what lies ahead even if I don't know what that looks like; Knowing God will take care of everything. I invite you to come along with me, let us continue to live and enjoy what God has generously given us. Let me share in your joy and your troubles, don't hide them for fear of hurting one another. Let us all LIVE; ruthlessy trusting in our loving Father.


With Love in Christ,


Wilma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this blog. It must have been very difficult to write. Our prayers are with you and we will continue to pray that God work a miracle within you.

Karen said...

Wilma,
I love what you wrote today and just want to stand with you in prayer and as a friend. Who knows what the journey may hold - but there will still be joy in the journey at times.
Let's make sure we grab hold of it. last night we talked about going up to MaMeO again in September. Let's plan for that and continue to dream our big dreams.
Love,
Karen VR