Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dealing with the Reality

In the past few days I personally(Alida) have been working through the reality of the situation. I have had my very sad moments, my angry moments, and my moments of hope, and seeking to find celebration in each day. I know that many of my family members including mom have done the same, and we will continue too.
The true reality is very hard to take and I find myself wanting to deny the sad happenings around me. I would really like to be the ostrich that sticks its head in the sand, and pretends everything is just fine, however it's not. But the reality is, is that mom is still here, despite not knowing what the future holds, mom is still with us, still living, breathing, and loving us. That is the reality that I want to think about. Tomorrow will probably come, and we will deal with it then, but looking ahead to far is to scary right now, and its not mine to see until we get there.
We hold fast to the promise of life that God has given us through the victory over death, won by His Son Jesus Christ. No matter the outcome, God's love and grace has been poured out on us through his son. In this situation, we pray for a miracle, and know that there is a gift in everyday we live, we just need to choose to see it.

" Living in the moment means letting go of the past, and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously aware that each moment is a gift".
--Oprah Winfrey

We are all in need of daily prayer, and support, we have felt this so much already. As we live each day we will need prayer for the sad moments, grace in the angry moments, and we all hope for a miracle!

With Love in Christ,

Alida, Wilma and Family

No comments: