Sunday, November 13, 2011

Reached and Passed One Year

It has been just over a year since my mom breathed her last breath on this earth. My brothers and myself a took a break from reality for a day and the boys went scouting in the foothills and Tom and I went to Niagara Falls. My Oma and Opa were at my mom's grave side at the same time that one year earlier mom had left us. My oma spends lots of time at my mom's grave, making it pretty with flowers or a wreath. I think it is that motherly thing that no mom can ever get rid of nor should she ever. I am truly thankful that she does that, because if she didn't I don't know who would, because I am not there, to help. I think it helps her heal to, knowing that my mom is still cared for always. In that one year since we lost mom, we faced our first thanksgiving, which us kids had pizzahut, and sat among mom's stuff. As soon as that was done, we got back to packing...we were not in a very thankful mood. We faced our first Christmas, which was the hardest one in a while. We faced our birthdays, and milestones wishing that she was here to be a part of it. We spend lots of time missing her, wanting her presence back. We have all struggled, cried, laughed and wondered why? But over all, we have pressed forward because we have to, mom would want us to. one day at a time.

1 comment:

Marj Willar said...

My thoughts are often with you and the family! I was just looking at pictures of Tori, and she has some wonderful traits from your mom. Especially the strawberry blonde hair!

I pray for you often, and know that you feel her prescence still, as I do!

You are a wonderful person, and you have a lot to offer. I will be blogging now, so we can correspond the way I love to!

Take good care Alida!